1. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
LECO Corporation respects your privacy. We are particularly sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet and therefore present this Privacy Statement to you. We want you to be aware of our online information practices and understand how we treat information we receive about you through the Internet. You are encouraged to read this policy carefully to understand our rules and practices so that you are aware of how we process your information.
- LECO Corporation's (potential) suppliers, customers, contractors, clients and other business partners;
- Visitors to LECO Corporation's website (www.leco.com and www.leco-europe.com, a name associated with this domain name);
- Recipients of information submitted by LECO Corporation;
- All other persons in contact with LECO Corporation, excluding its employees.
2. DEFINITIONS AND PRINCIPLES
In processing personal data, LECO Corporation complies with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
The personal data referred to in the GDPR are those data that directly or indirectly lead to a natural person. In the GDPR, a natural person is referred to as the "data subject."
In the GDPR, the treatment of personal data is referred to as "data processing". Data processing is understood to cover all operations carried out with personal data, such as collection, recording, organization, arrangement, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, any form of making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
When processing personal data, LECO Corporation will always comply with the following principles:
- the data is processed in a lawful, correct and traceable manner;
- the data is processed only for the purpose for which it was collected (purpose limitation);
- the data are processed as little as possible (data economy);
- the data are processed correctly (data accuracy);
- the data are not stored longer than necessary (storage and retention limitation);
- the data are handled with integrity and confidentiality.
In accordance with the foregoing principles, LECO Corporation ensures that all of its user settings, programs and services have been designed from the outset to maximize data protection. LECO Corporation constantly takes all possible (security) measures to maintain data protection.
With regard to the provision of information and services, LECO Corporation applies the "opt-in" rule from the outset: Information or services will only be provided if you actively indicate so.
3. LAWFULNESS OF PROCESSING
LECO Corporation defines both purposes and means of processing personal data. This means that LECO Corporation acts as a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The processing of personal data requires a legal basis. In the cases listed below, LECO Corporation may process your data:
- When you give consent to LECO Corporation to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes. Such consent should be given voluntarily, for the specific case, in an informed manner and unambiguously;
- When processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party, or for taking action based on your request prior to entering into an agreement.
- When processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations binding LECO Corporation;
- When processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person;
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in LECO Corporation;
- where the processing is necessary for the purposes of meeting the compelling legitimate interests of LECO Corporation or a third party, unless the interests or rights of the data subject override the compelling legitimate interests of LECO Corporation or the third party.
4. WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
LECO Corporation processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you about the provision of LECO Corporation products and services;
- to contact you for newsletters, but only if you had opted in (opt-in);
- to measure the use of the website;
- to increase the administration, security, customization and improvement for the website and similar technologies;
- to verify your identity;
- for marketing or commercial purposes;
- for recruitment and selection purposes.
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE PROCESS?
LECO Corporation may process the following personal data where there is a legal ground provided by the General Data Protection Regulation:
Personal data that you have provided yourself:
- Contact details;
- Identity information;
- Information that is evident from a resume or your employment history;
Personal data obtained from communication tools such as website, newsletters and emails:
- Contact information;
- Information about the device you used to visit our website, such as an IP address;
- Your browsing habits on the Website, such as: - what data/websites you have viewed; - how you use the navigation on the Website; - whether you open a newsletter or an email and which part of it you click on; - the dates and times of your visit to the Website;
- the operating system you use;
- the Internet address to which a link on the Website leads;
- the location of the site;
- the data sent to LECO Corporation;
- the data downloaded from the website.
Personal information obtained from other sources:
- From public sources, such as, but not limited to, data obtained from LinkedIn;
- data obtained from the company register of the Chamber of Commerce and from the land register;
- data obtained from publicly available business websites.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR APPLICATIONS
If you have given your consent, the web analytics service operated by Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, will be used on this website. This use also includes the "Universal Analytics" operating mode. This makes it possible to assign data, sessions and interactions across multiple devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus analyze the activities of a user across devices. This privacy notice is provided by www.intersoft-consulting.de.
Processing purposes On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing website and internet related services to the website operator.
Legal basis The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent pursuant toArt.6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
Recipients or categories of recipients The recipient of the collected data is Google.
Transfer to third countries Personal data is transferred to the USA under the EU-US Privacy Shield based on the adequacy decision of the European Commission. You can download the certificate here.
Duration of data storage Data sent by us and linked to cookies, user IDs (e.g. user ID) or advertising IDs are automatically deleted after 14 months. Data whose retention period has been reached is automatically deleted once a month.
Rights of the persons concerned You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by preventing the storage of cookies through an appropriate setting of your browser software. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functionalities of this website to their full extent.
You can also prevent Google from collecting and processing the data generated by means of cookies that are associated with your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the following: browser add-on. Opt-out cookies prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. To prevent Universal Analytics from collecting data across devices, you must opt-out on all systems used. If you click here, the opt-out cookie will be set: Disable Google Analytics.
7. ENGAGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES
LECO Corporation may engage third parties to process personal data on its behalf as a data controller. These may include as follows:
- (government) organizations;
- Intermediary services (including occupational health and safety services);
- Contractors/suppliers, including but not limited to IT service providers.
LECO Corporation is responsible for the processing of personal data in the situations outlined above. LECO Corporation enters into processing agreements with these organizations. LECO Corporation may also enter into cooperative arrangements with third parties who are, in turn, data protection co-controllers. In such cases, LECO Corporation will enter into an agreement with the third party data controllers.
LECO Corporation will not share or sell data to third parties for their marketing or promotional purposes.
8. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Due to the international nature of LECO Corporation, it will certainly be necessary to transfer your personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In accordance with Articles 44-49 of the General Data Protection Regulation, LECO Corporation will only transfer your personal data if an adequate level of protection is guaranteed for your personal data. In addition to this, LECO Corporation, may transfer your personal data if one of the exemptions (see Article 49 of the General Data Protection Regulation) is invoked, such as the situation where the transfer is necessary for the performance of contractual measures you have entered into with LECO Corporation. If you have any questions regarding the transfer of your personal data, please contact LECO Corporation.
9. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
For any processing of your personal data, you have a number of rights set forth below. You may exercise your rights by contacting LECO Corporation directly, by submitting a written request, or by emailing privacyteam(at)leco.com. LECO Corporation is subject to an obligation to verify your identity before processing your request.
Unless specifically noted below, LECO Corporation will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than one month. In principle, your request will be processed electronically (and will therefore be answered by e-mail), unless this is not possible or you requested otherwise.
In principle, LECO Corporation will hold you harmless for the processing of a request as mentioned above, unless its requests are excessive, manifestly unfounded or you request additional copies to exercise your access rights;
- Control and/or modification of data You may at any time ask us to indicate which (categories of) data LECO Corporation processes from you for which purposes, the source of the data and the retention periods applied. In addition, you may contact us at any time to supplement, correct or delete your data. In the unlikely event that LECO Corporation had provided inaccurate personal data about you, LECO Corporation will correct it. If LECO Corporation has changed your personal data, LECO Corporation will notify you accordingly.
- Limitation of the processing of personal data If you do not agree with the content of your personal data stored by LECO Corporation, you may submit a request to limit the processing of your data for a limited period of time.
- Right of data transfer You may retrieve your personal data stored by LECO Corporation in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Upon receipt of your personal data, you will be able to transfer this information to third parties.
- Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten") If you no longer wish to use the services of LECO Corporation, you may submit a request to have all of your personal data erased. You may also withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time. Upon receipt of your letter or e-mail, LECO Corporation will immediately stop processing your personal data to which you had given your consent. Nevertheless, withdrawal of your consent cannot affect the processing operations that have already taken place.
LECO Corporation takes ongoing structural measures to protect your personal data against unlawful use. LECO Corporation undertakes physical, managerial, organizational and technical measures. These measures undertaken by LECO Corporation include:
- access to personal data limited to authorized individuals, keeping this number as small as possible;
- all LECO Corporation employees (regardless of their form of employment) have signed a confidentiality agreement in which they agree to maintain complete confidentiality, applicable to any information of a confidential nature or the confidential nature of which they have a duty to understand, including personal data;
- the electronic transmission of personal data in always encrypted form and through secured connection;
- the website secured via https connection;
- in case of delivery of personal data to third parties, that LECO Corporation enters into processor agreements and/or agreements with data protection co-controllers for this purpose.
11. STORAGE PERIODS
LECO Corporation will not retain Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the purposes of the processing. Some of the personal data is subject to legal storage periods. LECO Corporation takes full account of these storage periods.
12. DATA BREACH
If you suspect that a personal data breach has occurred that has resulted in the loss or misuse of your personal data, it may be due to the existence of a data leak. Please contact us directly at the following phone number: [@] or by email: [@] or by email: privacyteam(at)leco.com.
13. QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/COMPLAINTS/PRESUMPTION OF DATA LEAK.
Our contact information is:
LECO CORPORATION Attn: Privacy Team 3000 Lakeview Avenue St. Joseph, MI 49085 United States of America If you do not agree with LECO Corporation's use of your personal information, you may also file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can obtain contact information for the Dutch Data Protection Authority by clicking on this link: https: //autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
This website is made available to you by LECO Corporation. Access to and use of this Web site and the services available from this Web site are subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. By accessing or using the Site or downloading any materials contained on the Site, you agree to be legally bound, without modification, by the terms and conditions set forth below. Please review them carefully. If you do not agree to them, please do not use this website.
Copyright and Trademarks Copyright © 2020 LECO Corporation.
LECO Corporation hereby grants to any person the right to reproduce and distribute copies of this website subject to the following conditions:
The information available on this website is constantly updated. Users are responsible for their own periodic review of the site to keep abreast of these updates. Any publication is reserved for informational purposes only and may not be sold or distributed commercially. The preceding copyright notice must appear on each of the copies of the publication or on any part thereof. Except as noted above, LECO Corporation does not grant any copyright, license or trademark to any third party.
17. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
The information on this website is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE and non-infringement. LECO CORPORATION shall not be liable for any errors, omissions or technical inaccuracies on this website.
* * *